Gyre XF350 - broken for the third time.

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is the third time, one of my XF350 stop working. I'm an electronic/electrician and i tested the ohm on three pin of the connector, thre drive is a motor-inverter and the pump is symply a three-phase motor, so, as expected, one "windings" (sorry i'm italian and i use google translate for some word) are 48Mohm, the other two are 52 ohm.
My Maxpect vendor in italy the first time change one pump, the second time change all the kit, so a brand new controller, pumps and power supply.
Every other electronic devicie in my house or tank work well, my RSX work fine, like my reef-pi (a mini pc to manage my tank) ecc ecc...
Also the pump are protected by the power supply.
And today, the pump broke when i was looking a at the tank, it work al 40% and suddenly stop.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is the third time, one of my XF350 stop working. I'm an electronic/electrician and i tested the ohm on three pin of the connector, thre drive is a motor-inverter and the pump is symply a three-phase motor, so, as expected, one "windings" (sorry i'm italian and i use google translate for some word) are 48Mohm, the other two are 52 ohm.
My Maxpect vendor in italy the first time change one pump, the second time change all the kit, so a brand new controller, pumps and power supply.
Every other electronic devicie in my house or tank work well, my RSX work fine, like my reef-pi (a mini pc to manage my tank) ecc ecc...
Also the pump are protected by the power supply.
And today, the pump broke when i was looking a at the tank, it work al 40% and suddenly stop.
Hi, we are sorry for your inconvenience. 1) May we have the serial number of your pump, 2)Do you mind helping to get a multimeter to test the 3 pins of the motor block, and hear whether there's a "beep" sound? As below:

Attachments

• Multimeter Test Pump.jpg
    Multimeter Test Pump.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Test Motor.mp4
    1.6 MB
OP
OP
Kurtzisa

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
1) where i can found the serial number?
2) two pin didn't beep, 48 Megaohm, open circuit

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
1) where i can found the serial number?
2) two pin didn't beep, 48 Megaohm, open circuit
Hi thanks for your support. There's serial number on the outside of the box, or attached to the cable of the motor. 2) May we know how long had it been used, and do you mind sending a testing video to [email protected]?

OP
OP
Kurtzisa

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxpect Gyre broken for the 4th time :(

the pump was blocked, so I tested the motor block pins but it works, I switched channel B to channel A and the pump start spinning but didn't work well, so I open it and I found this, the picture below. I think I found the problem with the broken motor block.

I think the controller channel B is broken, because the working pump didn't start (channel A and B at 50% speed).

Attachments

• Rotor.jpg
    Rotor.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 47

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxpect Gyre broken for the 4th time :(

the pump was blocked, so I tested the motor block pins but it works, I switched channel B to channel A and the pump start spinning but didn't work well, so I open it and I found this, the picture below. I think I found the problem with the broken motor block.

I think the controller channel B is broken, because the working pump didn't start (channel A and B at 50% speed).
Hi we are sorry for your inconvenience. May we know what country are you from?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back