OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to clear things up you have to consider the safety of my tank my fish invertebrates and my corals I already am starting to have my favia die bc of the stress I’m currently putting on my live stock so go somewhere else so I don’t have time to deal with your negativity in my forum as for everyone else thank you so much for everything you put in this it really means a lot to me

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea should I also add that this is the second time now that everything in my tank is starting to die you don’t understand the stress I’m in my amazing gold tip torch is also dying along with my favia and my skolly so please do leave

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your nitrates and phos are both at 0 that might explain the dying coral.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the easiest way would be to feed a little bit more than you do, there are other more complex ways of doing it. I will add you have had lots of very solid advice thus far, you can't forget any of these suggestions are not instantaneous fixes and will take a while to show there benefits. Continue scrubbing the algae off the rocks, quickest and easiest way. If there is any rock with no corals on them look into doing a peroxide dip on those. If you scrub a lot of the algae off that might help solve your nitrate/phos issue as well. And rememer, algae is natural in reefs. Even the best reef tanks have algae, they have just found the right balance to keep it from taking over.

OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the easiest way would be to feed a little bit more than you do, there are other more complex ways of doing it. I will add you have had lots of very solid advice thus far, you can't forget any of these suggestions are not instantaneous fixes and will take a while to show there benefits. Continue scrubbing the algae off the rocks, quickest and easiest way. If there is any rock with no corals on them look into doing a peroxide dip on those. If you scrub a lot of the algae off that might help solve your nitrate/phos issue as well. And rememer, algae is natural in reefs. Even the best reef tanks have algae, they have just found the right balance to keep it from taking over.

Thank you should I feed flakes I’m guessing that’s the best way to get those up since it’s added into flakes?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake just to help

The way to fix your issue and stop the losses and the algae is to not blend these methods

Take one, run it till it's done, then move on to the next and don't blend

The mix and the partials of each method is what's getting you.

If you can reach in your tank and grab sand, then drop it down and a massive cloud results, then what you feed doesn't matter. You would be amazed at how a simple tank cleaning last week would have stopped everything, since yours is a nano a tank cleaning cures any invasion it could have. Water only actions are for large tanks, this is just one opinion among many but it's sure been ran and logged on lots of nanos that's for sure.

After you try everything if it doesn't work, if losses continue, message me and we'll aim special nano guidance at that tank and it darn sure will comply. Make sure if you use peroxide, you aren't dosing it into the water.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefJake123

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake just to help

The way to fix your issue and stop the losses and the algae is to not blend these methods

Take one, run it till it's done, then move on to the next and don't blend

The mix and the partials of each method is what's getting you.

If you can reach in your tank and grab sand, then drop it down and a massive cloud results, then what you feed doesn't matter. You would be amazed at how a simple tank cleaning last week would have stopped everything, since yours is a nano a tank cleaning cures any invasion it could have. Water only actions are for large tanks, this is just one opinion among many but it's sure been ran and logged on lots of nanos that's for sure.

After you try everything if it doesn't work, if losses continue, message me and we'll aim special nano guidance at that tank and it darn sure will comply. Make sure if you use peroxide, you aren't dosing it into the water.

So then how should i be using the peroxide? And thank you I will definitely message you if it doesn’t work

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back