Hairy acropora and zoa

407Hunter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Messages
75
Reaction score
31
Location
orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I need help with a identifying if this hairy growth on my acropora since day 1 and I ignored and now at the base which seems like algae.

The zoa has something different, has had these since day 1 (removed with tweezers) and grew back. Not sure if hydroids or aiptasia.
Both corals are new (under 2 weeks).

AC6646B5-17B5-49D1-BA86-C7E5668B3554.jpeg CE20E32C-B956-4328-B31E-286C7BE9FF3C.jpeg E302D27B-9494-4FCF-9492-1269886DA5B5.jpeg E19E2AD2-A455-403B-BF8C-B68E05859721.jpeg
 
Thanks for the fast response! I’ll try to rid them again if no help I’ll toss this Magic Zoa out as I got at an auction for $5.00.
 
Last edited:
Neither sound good. But thanks! Is it late to QT these after removing that stuff?
They are they easier of problems to deal with. Once you manually remove and if your parameters are good shouldn’t be a problem. Just wait till you deal with bubble algae, aiptasia vermetid snails ect. It’s always something.
 
They are they easier of problems to deal with. Once you manually remove and if your parameters are good shouldn’t be a problem. Just wait till you deal with bubble algae, aiptasia vermetid snails ect. It’s always something.
Let’s hope those are forums I won’t ever have to search for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new