hairy milipora

By feeding often than normal, have you experienced rise in phosphate or nitrate.
 
Iv been thinking about trying zeovit interested to here what 180gal feeds his tank. I might not have enough food in the water also. I can get a mili out of my buddy's tank with extreme poylp extension and a few weeks in my tank and I have minimum extension idk he dose feed his tank Cyclops and oyster fest an I don't could be the issue
 
Be sure you check for pests, they eat and irritate your corals, causing them to retract. Also if you have angelfish in your tank that might be nipping at the corals, then you might want to remove them. HTH
 
Pohl's Coral vitalizer is what I use, then I dose either seachem fuel or oyster feast or rotifeast depending on the day. I do not see any increase in nitrates or phosphates but I would say that is due to me doing 40g water changes everyother week. So if you dont do much water changes I would take it easy on your dosing. On the pohls it is expensive ($40 for a very small bottle) but if you have a small tank you wont use very much.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new