Halichoeres melanurus, chrysotaenia, or leucurus?

Michael Hughes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2024
Messages
483
Reaction score
636
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a stocking list for my next build, which is a 125 gallon SPS-dominant mixed reef. My loose stocking plan (in order of introduction) is CUC plus:

2 ocellaris clowns
1 yellow assessor (optional)
1 red firefish
1 Lysmata amboinensis
1 Lysmata debilis (optional)
1 pinkbar goby / Randall's pistol shrimp
1 copperband butterfly
1 royal gramma
6 lyretail anthias
1 longnose hawkfish
1 bristletooth tomini tang

And eventually I may try a quoyi parrotfish (difficult to feed!) and/or blue throat trigger (cautiously!).

I'm looking at Halichoeres melanurus, chrysotaenia, or leucurus to round out my list. In your experience, which of these is least three is likely to become a bully? And where in this order would you introduce it?
 
Don't tag me! I have the gentlest melanurus in the world. I hear they can become bullies but mine hasn't.

@i cant think
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new