Halloween aquarium lighting?

rachara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a reef tank set up in a spot that is readily visible from the front door. With Halloween coming up, I thought it would be fun for trick or treaters to change the aquarium lighting to something like a spooky red. My questions are:

- Is this something that will be harmful for the corals and/or fish? This is just an idea for decorative purposes, but I have no interest in doing it if it's going to make my tank unhappy
- If this would be fine to do for an evening, then does anyone with good lighting knowledge have any recommendations on how to set the colors? I have an AI Prime HD if that helps.

Thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a reef tank set up in a spot that is readily visible from the front door. With Halloween coming up, I thought it would be fun for trick or treaters to change the aquarium lighting to something like a spooky red. My questions are:

- Is this something that will be harmful for the corals and/or fish? This is just an idea for decorative purposes, but I have no interest in doing it if it's going to make my tank unhappy
- If this would be fine to do for an evening, then does anyone with good lighting knowledge have any recommendations on how to set the colors? I have an AI Prime HD if that helps.

Thanks!
Red lighting makes it so the fish can’t see you yet you see them, I recommend the ominous blue lighting (It is VERY spooky at night because it’s just this blue shining from the window at night) the other colours I do not know how they’d act with

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back