Halloween Hermits?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a single hermit for my biocube 16 LED. I have a few cerith and astrea snails in there right now and a single scarlet hermit that may or may not be dead. Just added a small sized sand sifting conch recently. Would a halloween hermit be ok around this cleanup crew or would it murder everything to death? Its a fairly new tank but with established tank media. Im having some algae issues and want just a single hermit to liven the tank up. If theyre a pain ill just get another scarlet hermit. The one I have\had wanted to hide all the time which is not at all like my other huge scarlet in my DT.

Becks17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a halloween hermit in my tank and it hasn't tried to kill anything (as far as I can tell). I get annoyed at it walking over my corals from time to time, but I haven't had issues with mine. When I first got mine, it hid for the first two weeks before really coming out. Now I've noticed it will disappear for days at a time when molting, but then it will be back out and about.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not sure i have an answer, but Halloweens are not very beefy hermits... so you may be ok
i've been watching the one i have in my nano for a while now.. he doesnt seem to care about anything other than picking at algae on the sand/rocks.. he hasn't even cared about small snails or other hermits.. I have some little blue legs, scarlets, and a blue knuckle.. the blue knuckle seems a bit more feisty.. still ok.. i think you need to worry when they are outgrowing their shell and looking for a new home.. now the furry reddish/orange hermits.. (they get big).. those guys will murder everything!

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been a model citizen … it’s large though.. I had a couple of empty conch shells and it moved into one about a month after I got it. It’s left my conches and snails alone other than to clean their shells. It loves the nori clip too. Keep it well fed with plant stuffs and it should leave everyone alone. 3E1718C0-9BE8-447C-BD0B-A070808C8A89.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back