Hallucination HELP

Garrett Keller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a single polyp of Hallucination about 6 months ago and it looked great for about 4 months. I thought it was on the verge of producing a few babies. Since then it slowly has closed and is clamped tightly closed. Any suggestions? I've got multiple other zoanthid colonies and they are not experiencing this. I haven't noticed any pests or neighbors that would be causing any irritation either. Any recommended dips??? I've waited so long to finally get my hands on a Hallucination and it's a beautiful strain...

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with my Sunny Ds. Similarly they were fine for months. Then we’re all closed up. After a week of confusion I found the culprit. My Flame Angel was nipping at them and only them.

I woke up early before lights on, I was on the couch and as soon as the lights came on I witnessed the crime. Polyps started to open up and over came the flame started nipping away at the polyp lashes.

He would only go after them when they were open or opening. I pulled the palm sized rock they were on till I caught him and traded him back to my lfs.

Capitol Reef Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I will never buy a single polyp again... I've been reading the success rate of a single Hallucination polyp isn't good.
I've bought three separate single polyps of hallucinations before. Two survived and the other didn't. I'm pretty sure the one that didn't survive was a fresh frag. Make sure it is healed and is doing well for at least two weeks before you buy one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 66 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back