Hamilton 14k

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tab28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I don't run a 14k but I do run a 150w 20k radium with t5 supplement over my 40b and I love it. I switched from LEDs about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with my choice.
 
I love the look of the 14k kinda looks between a radium n a phoenix 14k old specs. The bulb is known to shift or not last as long .
I never could get a year out of them ..more like 9 months for me.
 
I don't run a 14k but I do run a 150w 20k radium with t5 supplement over my 40b and I love it. I switched from LEDs about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with my choice.
I now have radium. Love the color but had better growth with 12k reeflux. But the color was dreadful. Had LED for a year no growth at all. Guess you have to spend a mortgage payment for the good fixture.

I love the look of the 14k kinda looks between a radium n a phoenix 14k old specs. The bulb is known to shift or not last as long .
I never could get a year out of them ..more like 9 months for me.

Is the blue comparable to phoenix? It seems the made an expensive SE for a very short time. That live span is a bummer. What ballast are you using?
 
I did run them before I switched to LEDs. Loved the color, and shimmer they gave off. I agree with LILBUDDHA not a long life bulb. After about 4 to 6 months they start getting a yellow cast to them.
 
I now have radium. Love the color but had better growth with 12k reeflux. But the color was dreadful. Had LED for a year no growth at all. Guess you have to spend a mortgage payment for the good fixture.


Yea you got that right. I couldn't dial in my LEDs for the life of me. Weird algae growth, bleached, stn and rtn. In the last month since switching is a complete change for the good
 
I used Hamilton 250 watt 14k bulbs over my softy reef for 10+ years. Loved the color.
I would change out the bulbs at about 11 months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new