Hammer coral acting a little odd

  • Thread starter Thread starter boeingn747
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

boeingn747

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2021
Messages
486
Reaction score
383
Location
South St.paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer that I fragged about a year or so ago. I sold a bunch and kept a few. The hammer in question as of the past 24hrs I have noticed that it looks a little deflated/melted on some of the top polyps. It's been in this spot for the past 8months or so. Nothing has changed within the tank. I am do for a water change in the next day or 2. That is for by weekly water changes. All of my parameters are normal. This is a first as far as seeing a hammer act/look like this. Just trying to see if anyone can tell by looking at it as to what might be going on. I would like to consider my self as an experienced reefer. I know that it is not related to my water quality or parameters.

20220308_163857.jpg 20220308_163848.jpg
 
Could be splitting, could be the beginning of brown jelly. I'd watch it for the next 24 to 48 hours to see if medication is needed.
 
I have the rest of the colony and a few other 2-3head frags that all look fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new