Hammer coral, branching or wall??

I think you can tell now, my guess is about 3 months you should have sure signs.

Stuff I'm learning about Euphyllia genus...experts please correct me.
Branching grows quicker and is overall easier to care for than wall. Also you will notice a wall hammers tentacles curv inward, where as branching hammers have straight well defined hammer tips. A wall can pinch making a figure 8, but remains a continuous head. Watch the mouth and see if it divides. Branching are also nice for the reason you can trim a dying/dead head away from the main colony much easier. I would like to try a wall just to see how I do growing it, but I would prefer branching otherwise.

Elegance is in the Catalaphyllia genus, kissing cousin of Euphyllia. Other than than I know nothing else about it, but would like to dive into that soon.
Thank you for the info! I talked to the owner of my LFS and he said it was branching as well
 
1481252979326.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new