Hammer coral dying?

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m assuming they’re expelling zoo? Brown strings coming out the mouth.

image.jpg

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it definitely doesn’t look happy. What are your water parameters? Alk, Ca, Mg, NO3, PO4 Also hows the flow?

Last edited:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that is really the release of symbiodinium but it does not look happy. Give us all your parameters. How are the other corals doing and what are they? How long have you had it? What are you feeding?

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that is really the release of symbiodinium but it does not look happy. Give us all your parameters. How are the other corals doing and what are they? How long have you had it? What are you feeding?
My tank has been going through something I took it to the lfs they gave me results for everything only problems were nitrates were at 50 and phosphates at .33 so since then I’ve done multiple water changes. I been feeding coral feed mix (phyto) and recently I just got reef roids. But I have api test kit I can’t trust so I’m waiting to order a better kit before I give parameters. But according to api now everything is fine nothing crazy but nitrates and phosphates I can’t trust so I’m thinking they’re still off. My zoas have been closed my gsp lost color my torches have closed they are only stubs now but weird thing is my cloves have been growing like wild fire.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been going through something I took it to the lfs they gave me results for everything only problems were nitrates were at 50 and phosphates at .33 so since then I’ve done multiple water changes. I been feeding coral feed mix (phyto) and recently I just got reef roids. But I have api test kit I can’t trust so I’m waiting to order a better kit before I give parameters. But according to api now everything is fine nothing crazy but nitrates and phosphates I can’t trust so I’m thinking they’re still off. My zoas have been closed my gsp lost color my torches have closed they are only stubs now but weird thing is my cloves have been growing like wild fire.
Would that be blue cloves? How often and how much do you feed? Do you have a protein skimmer?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back