Hammer Coral Getting Too Much Light?

BudgetR33f

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2024
Messages
246
Reaction score
113
Location
Cumming
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my hammer coral yesterday, and it's turning transparent (would show photo but you can't see it in a photo). I heard that it could mean its getting too much light so I turned the light down to 0% white & 40% blue (was 15% white & 85% blue). Is it getting too much light or too little, or is there another problem?
unnamed (1).jpg
 
What sort of light level was it at in the store?
 
Upvote 0
I was able to take a good video of it. I watched a couple videos on other hammer coral. It seems like this could be normal, can someone let me know?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3980.mp4
    4.8 MB
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new