Hammer coral has a 2 white dots

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So have noticed tonight during moonlight setting that my hammer has these 2 white things see video, first time I've noticed it..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
unfortunately - at least I cannot see the video

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks - do you mean the 2 white areas that look like they are kind of attached to a couple heads? If so to me it looks like something the coral has caught? Perhaps a piece or 2 of food, etc - or a small worm. The coral looks good. IMO - I would just watch - and see if they are still there tomorrow. Also - look at the coral after lights out - when hopefully its retracted - that may make it easier to see what it is..

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Head on could be sand... no fish in there so definitely not food. Currently don't target feed or feed anything as of yet been 4 weeks but look very good to me still. My branching hammer that has 2 heads wasnt doing well at the bottom of tank so moved it to mid way and looks much happier..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Head on could be sand... no fish in there so definitely not food. Currently don't target feed or feed anything as of yet been 4 weeks but look very good to me still. My branching hammer that has 2 heads wasnt doing well at the bottom of tank so moved it to mid way and looks much happier..
OK - yeah - its kind of hard to see the 'size' - from the picture. I guess I was trying to say (in a long-winded manner) - watch it - it doesn't look like something 'bad'

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - yeah - its kind of hard to see the 'size' - from the picture. I guess I was trying to say (in a long-winded manner) - watch it - it doesn't look like something 'bad'
Yeah unfortunately videos and or photos don't really do justice. Was just the first time I have seen it.. not sure if its related but when my branching hammer was at the bottom of tank it appeared to have its mouth open widely, but since moving to the top has closed up. This normal.

TheNewGuy321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you figure out what it was became one of my branching hammers is doin the same? white curly things and now the mouth is open?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back