Hammer coral LONG TENTACLES! why?

Flipsquad81

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
41
Location
Ohio, USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammer coral recently started stretching these long tentacles out... I'm wondering why? I have no other competing corals near it. Is this normal? Thanks for your input everyone!

20200512_090416.jpg
 
Yes it’s just stretching out A “sweeper” to see what kind of room it has to grow. If it contacts something it doesn’t like they will fight or the hammer will try to grow away from it.
Cool! I did see it in my tank too but i never realized why he did it.
 
interesting. How does it work with some people who have their tank super packed with corals and seems to be thriving? I am thinking how are the coral not stinging each other every second? If they run out of room to grow, will they simply stop growing and spreading?
 
interesting. How does it work with some people who have their tank super packed with corals and seems to be thriving? I am thinking how are the coral not stinging each other every second? If they run out of room to grow, will they simply stop growing and spreading?
Some stuff will tolerate each other. Like frogspawn and hammers. Some masters of reefing know what they can get away with. Some like me are just learning as they go! Acros beat each other up really bad!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new