hammer coral, what the ?

jackstir34

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is wrong with my metallic green hammer? 90 gallon, sg 1.024, nitrite 0, nitrate 20 ppm, ammonia 0, phosphates 0, calcium 450+, coralife lunar aqualight pro 48" 2 98W actinic, 2 150 watt metal halide. temp 79 - 80. It just looks kinda melting or deflated. no direct flow, no picky fish, just not sure whats up.
IMAG0432.jpg
 
oh, and when I noticed this I did a 10 gallon water change. using instant ocean, I know poor salt mix.
 
Perhaps give it a tad more flow. Also how long have you had the coral? I know this thread is not about salt mix, but I would not classify IO as a poor salt mix by a long shot.
 
I'd give it more flow And maybe a better spot with more light. I have my hammer and frogspawn about mid level in my tank with decent flow
 
Euphelia sometimes do this, IME. I have a hammer that goes through bouts of "coral depression." Give it some moderate flow and some time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new