Hammer Coral

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm trying to learn. I have a aquarium setup in my garage to hold all my live stock during my 75 gallon re aquascape.
I have my Hammer coral in it right now. Last night I was watching it before I feed Benepets and the 8 sec video shows it. When I feed the tank and it it did not seem to feed? Then the other video shows it's reactions after turning the flow back on.
Whats it doing is it now trying to catch whats in the water or ?

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took these pictures the green hammer seems to be doing fairly well. But the bicolor one? What should I do?

fullsizeoutput_17f4.jpeg fullsizeoutput_17f5.jpeg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s it going tonight?

Hammers are fairly hardy. The flow looks a bit strong on the green based n what I am seeing how it react. I would move it to a lower flow area. Also light may be a bit strong. Usually moving it around until you find a spot it likes is needed. Medium flow and light work best for me. They respond pretty quick to change so you will be able to tell if it is getting better or worse and move accordingly.

I would do the same with the other.i cannot tell, what do you think the brown is on the plug or is it just my eyes.

@Flippers4pups

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx I'll move them this afternoon. I set these tanks up as first for holding what livestock I can save from my main display while I re-aquascape and to after that keep them as frag tanks. It's a DIY system and I am trying to get it right. The biggest problem I have right now is the algae it is building up so fast it's hard to keep the glass clean. I mean it's not a display and I don't mind a little but I see people running their main display bare bottom how do you keep it clean. Last night my PO4 was 0 and Nitrates were 1 ppm. I missed the last 2 days because of not getting the SW mixed but thats done and I have it auto changing 2 gallons a day on the approx 60 gallon total.

fullsizeoutput_177c.jpeg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back