Hammer corals

Dgomez10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

i picked up some metallic green hammer corals from my local store. They don’t have any proper lighting for corals at all so it’s hard to see what they will look like, these were just white.

Well I drip acclimated them and put into my tank and they are still white. You can see green very faintly. This was today so they are still getting comfortable but none of my euphyllia has ever lost color. Could this be part of acclimation process?

06F9B473-5C38-424A-884F-0F509E75133C.jpeg 513A0AB0-0CB2-42AA-946B-A3AAC1F32DB6.jpeg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the LFS light it looks like they were bleached :( Was the hammer extended when you purchased it? Hopefully, they come back and it gets some nice color under your lights, you might have gotten a deal on 5 heads. What are you running over your tank?

OP
OP
Dgomez10

Dgomez10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the LFS light it looks like they were bleached :( Was the hammer extended when you purchased it? Hopefully, they come back and it gets some nice color under your lights, you might have gotten a deal on 5 heads. What are you running over your tank?

I have LEDs. About 100 par at the bottom of the tank. I hope not. They seem to be getting some color back. But I don’t know how long they had them there under basic white light.

OP
OP
Dgomez10

Dgomez10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have LEDs. About 100 par at the bottom of the tank. I hope not. They seem to be getting some color back. But I don’t know how long they had them there under basic white light.

it was extended when I purchased. Closed up while I transported and re-extended when I placed them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back