Hammer/Frog Question please and thanks!

Brewski262

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a large 3 head plane Jane Hammer, pink-ish, very fully and "fluffy" right next to a somewhat new Radioactive Splatter Branching Hammered Frog from WWC. i Just bought a gold stemmed Hammer from a LFS the other day. was doing well on the frag plug in the sand bed for a few days until i got around to gluing it to the rock. it was doing great for a few days and now it has closed up a decent amount all arms have shrank at least 50% or more and some of the arms closest to the Hammered frog are most or all the way closed.

will any of these 3 sting each other? ive read conflicting things with frogs and hammers. not really sure if its being stung. i thought maybe it was having too much flow but the other hammer and "Frammer" are doing fine relatively close to each other.

i will observe closely for a day or so and possibly move it and see if i get a change in condition. i do not see any signs of BJD at this time.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally speaking, Frogs and Frogs, Hammer and Hammer, Torch and Torch can touch. That's my understanding and how I run my tank. I say generally , because the same is true for Gonis, yet I had a goni kill another goni when they touched. Then I found that red/pink ones can kill the non red/pink ones.
Also, I'm originally from you neck of the woods! I grew up in Pewaukee.

OP
OP
Brewski262

Brewski262

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, it looks a tiny bit better today, I'm going to wait and see what tomorrow brings and then move it.

I used to live in pewaukee behind buffalo wild wings, theres a hill with condo like apartments back there. Love this area!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back