Hammer growing new heads?

NonstopSoda

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
844
Reaction score
1,236
Location
Santa Rosa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my hammer growing new heads or is it something else? Sorry for the crappy photo :grinning-face-with-sweat:
IMG_2611.jpeg
 
Is my hammer growing new heads or is it something else? Sorry for the crappy photo :grinning-face-with-sweat:
IMG_2611.jpeg
Hard to see from the picture. I don’t see any obvious new heads. Can you highlight where you think the new head might be growing?
 
I’ll try to get a better picture after work but whatever it is, is growing at a hard angle to get a good pic :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
Bump!
 
Could be angle is hard to see could also be vermit growing
I was also thinking it might be a ver but the tip is fleshy and looks like little mini hammer bulbs, the top of the hammer is also currently in the middle of splitting right now
 
Initial thoughts was a vermetid based on the appearance of a spiral, however it’s impossible to tell without a clearer photo. Hammers can sprout new heads (that’s how mine grows) however in my experience it’s typically within the flesh band and I’m not seeing flesh band in that pic. The flesh band can recede after the fact, but isn’t that common (at least not with mine).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new