Hammer head melt overnight.

NanoDrummer09

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
22
Location
Portland Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this this morning after the lights turned on. Happened overnight as I usually chill for a minute looking at the tank before calling it a night. All other corals look fine and healthy. The coral doesn't come in contact with other corals so I don't think it was stung, and I have a sand sifter and a pygmy angle. Could the angle have been the culprit or another factor?
IMG_7223.JPG
 
Awe sorry man.
Do you see any form of slime, like brown slimy stuff?
 
Oh ok.
Well remove the dead head of the colony and keep a eye out on the rest.
If it was brown jelly decease it could have spread to the next heads.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new