Hammer is not happy - help!

Spartan_Neptune

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2025
Messages
57
Reaction score
14
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something doesn’t seem right with my hammer. Low-Medium Flow. Don’t think the lighting is too strong. My parameters have just recent gone out of whack from possible overfeeding. Substance is clear jelly like and not brown

Salinity is 1.025
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 15

Iv performed a water change last night about 40% and just about to do another one to try bring nitrite and ammonia down.

My frogspawn looks fine and my Duncan has been fine as well. GSP at the back is okay. Zia’s have been closed most of the day.

Thank is over 2 months old and was cycled before adding anything.


 
You mean salinity is ONE point zero two five correct??
1.025????
 
Can you post a pic of your setup and coal in question?

Sometime, torches can be tough in newer tanks.
 
Is the flow constant on them? Can you change it to varying?
 
It looks like bits are falling off
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 54
Should I take it out?

I have a frogspawn and it’s looking fine

Not really sure what I can do but I have no way of isolating it
 
It’s varying and not on top of it it’s gentle
I think it might have been the flow, iv turned off my power head and it seems to have made a difference from last night where bits were falling off it it’s now looking like it’s recovering
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 55
Personally I don’t see much wrong. I’m not seeing the jelly that you’re referring too. Maybe try moving it to a lower flow area if you noticed that help. If it does have a jelly substance need to removed very fast as it will spread. Looks pretty happy though
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new