Hammer with void in middle

ReefGirl50

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2024
Messages
31
Reaction score
38
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow reefers! I’m fairly new to the hobby (7 mths) and have a question about my hammer coral. I’ve had it for 6-7 weeks now and it’s always seems happy, It still appears happy and inflated during the day, but now has this tentacle void in the centre of one of the 2 heads whenever open. It this something I should be worried about? My parameters are all good and stable … calcium is low, but I’ve been gradually bringing it up for a couple days. Picture and short video below. Thanks in advance for any insight or advice.

IMG_4602.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4601.mov
    19.4 MB
Probably just a bald spot. Wouldn’t worry.
 
Looks like it’s making space for the mouth. Might be hungry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new