Hammers and torch dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter reely989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hey guys have a couple of hammers and a torch that have taken a turn for the worst. The hammer has been going downhill a couple of weeks but the torch had been doing great until today. Calcium is 390, phosphate .02, nitrate 10, dkh 8, mag is 1260. Not sure where I’m messing up.

2162EC08-CD3E-44E1-9F29-E79DE037D232.jpeg
I struggled with Torches and Hammers over the last year for sure. For me I finally got my Mg up over 1400 and Alk up. And also found a perfect place in my tank where they are thriving with good lighting and flow. My readings stay around ...... Alk 9.50, Ca 450, Mg 1415. My ph stays around 8.1-8.2. I would say raise your levels. My 2 cents
 
I've had them about a month with good extension the entire time until yesterday. They were growing well. I target fed them a decent amount. Flow is moderate. They have a good sway without whipping around. Yes, I'm increasing po4 a bit.
A month is not very long. They could have experienced bad shipping before you even got them and showing it now.
Also, I wouldn't feed them to much. Once in a while is okay. They are not big eaters like other lps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new