Hand building your own refugium

  • Thread starter Thread starter gregrock68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gregrock68

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
420
Reaction score
343
Location
Haymarket
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have started to think I might build my own chaeto refugium for my tank. It doesn't seem terribly hard to build a see-through acrylic rectangular box so long as you have the right tools, which I do. I would be building this for a 40 gallon AIO innovative Marine tank. Has anybody out there built their own? Any tips or suggestions, especially for an all in one tank? If so, what light did you settle on using?
 
What size are you wanting to build it? Where are you thinking of placing it since you have an AIO?
 
What size are you wanting to build it? Where are you thinking of placing it since you have an AIO?
Thinking about having a guy I have used in the past a friend to 3d print, issue is that I need a clear window (glass or lexan) mounted to let the led shine through
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new