Hand Soap Preferences

  • Thread starter Thread starter fftfk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fftfk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2014
Messages
273
Reaction score
146
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a preferred hand soap people use to wash their hands before sticking them in the tank? My wife loves buying fru-fru soaps with scents and lotions, etc. which I have a feeling might defeat the whole point of washing your hands.

Not sure if this is the correct forum but feel like it is related - keeping chemicals out of the aquarium.
 
That's a great point! I never considered that. I was just wondering if a bar of dove is fine.

Edit: That's probably the best answer with reasoning anyone could give!
 
All natural soap from Bulk Apothecary. The more expensive and more popular natural soap is marketed as Dr Squatch
 
I only use dawn dish soap. I've seen them use it to clean waterfowl caught in oil slicks so I figure it must not leave behind a bad residue.
I was just going to type this. If you can wash a duck with it fish gotta love it 😅 I either go in raw and unannounced or use scrub up with dawn quick
 
I only use dawn dish soap. I've seen them use it to clean waterfowl caught in oil slicks so I figure it must not leave behind a bad residue.
Same here. My wife has all these hand soaps with lotion in them so I bought some nicer looking dispensers and just refill from the kitchen's larger bottle of Dawn as needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new