Hang LEDs and T5 together.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kuansreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kuansreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Messages
847
Reaction score
60
Location
Texas city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using LEDs supplemented with T5? I'd like to keep rainbow acans and think about adding T5 to my Radion. I have my radion hung and I'm looking for a comparable size of t5 to hang do they don't look odd together. Thanks for sharing!
 
There's no reason why you can't run t5's with your Radion. Pacific Sun sells expensive fixtures with both built in. I'm considering the idea for my next upgrade on my 180g. I'd put the t5 right at the front of my canopy so it can reduce the shadows under coral and LR ledges. But I'm also considering using a Buildmyled fixture that is 5' long instead of a t5. I won't decide until I see what my next evolution of led fixture looks like.
 
You may want to turn down the radions with said supplemental lighting, though.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new