hang on overflow box users and loc line

  • Thread starter Thread starter ruppertb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
1,053
Reaction score
120
Location
wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used a hang on overflow since my tank has been set up, I am redoing my plumbing and want to make my return look better.

What do you all use for a return pipe nozzle. I have 3 elbows off my return to make a half circle and then spray into the tank, i then put a hose barb pvc piece on there and then upgrade to a flat nozzle looking thing.

I would like to look of loc line but my return in 1 inch. how would i go about this as loc line only come in 3/4in from fosters which is were i shop.

im just worried it will reduce flow but reducing the size.
 
You will not reduce flow at all, just go to home depot and buy a reducing 1" SLIP to 3/4" FPT converter, and order the MPT to loc line converter. The water velocity will increase, not decrease.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new