Hanging A500X lights from the wall

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone rigged up something like this for the Kessil lights?

cc2c774e-0b06-4af9-8580-9def78a12d3b.jpg
 
I actually used to have a 55” flatscreen wall mounted above my hexagon tank… that tv ran happily for nearly a decade of hard use!

The only parts of the wall mount which corroded/rusted were fasteners, as the frame was painted!

— you could theoretically just install with stainless fasteners and I don’t think you’d have any issues with this setup!
 
I actually used to have a 55” flatscreen wall mounted above my hexagon tank… that tv ran happily for nearly a decade of hard use!

The only parts of the wall mount which corroded/rusted were fasteners, as the frame was painted!

— you could theoretically just install with stainless fasteners and I don’t think you’d have any issues with this setup!
I was just thinking it would be nice to move the light out of the way for maintenance.
 
I was just thinking it would be nice to move the light out of the way for maintenance.
Oh I agree! And, this mount is the fraction of the cost of a typical Kessil mount, with ample load rating!

(Also, Kessil uses steel fasteners on their light mounts, which I can tell you from experience will rust themselves in place!)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new