hanging fixture for 60inch tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter galantra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

galantra

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2019
Messages
790
Reaction score
177
Location
Greenwich
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need some help, I’m looking for a way to hand lights over. 60 inch rimless peninsula tank. Was hoping to see if I could do something from one point instead of 2 hanging fixture kits on each corner.
My lights will be Aquatic life 60inch T5 hybrid with 3-4 ecotech lights. So I know there will be weight on it. Hanging from my ceiling isn’t a option since it’s way too high.

Any help is appreciated
 
Any idea what your total weight will be for that fixture? Also is there a wall stud in an acceptable location? I'm thinking you don't want a single point mount relying on wall anchors.
 
Well I was thinking like the photo if I could try and see if I can get away with something like that. Not trying to look to attach to wall weight wise I am guessing under 50

Photo by solar
 

Attachments

  • E0F4B1CD-19FB-47DE-84E4-42BA88756024.jpeg
    E0F4B1CD-19FB-47DE-84E4-42BA88756024.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 87

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new