Hanging light fixture

  • Thread starter Thread starter renato120
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2014
Messages
2,234
Reaction score
1,333
Location
Nashua,NH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys use to hang light fixture on the ceiling?
I need to hang my 48 inch Ati fixture. Its around 40lbs Im afraid of this thing falling in the water.
Any pictures will be nice too :)
Thank you
 
Last edited:
If you cannot screw to the stud, at least use the 50 lb anchor. I use a board and mount the light fixture to the board. Of course the board is mounted to at least 2 studs
 
How about this:
image.jpeg
Or this
image.jpeg
 
Mines not to the ceiling, but same concept as above post mentioned.

I have smaller units held up by strong anchors, but for the 60" unit I wanted a board mounted to studs.

IMG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new