Hanna Alkalinity Checker

gurbanski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using this product do I measure the liquid reagent all the way until the liquid fills up to the 1.0 ml mark or do I fill it until the bottom of the black plug is on the 1.0 ml mark like the Salifert kit?? I am just making sure that I am using this test correctly!

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
regent to line at top and stop at 1.0 line on bottom, it includes a special syringe with unique markings. notice you will not use regent in bottom nipple

Last edited:
OP
OP
gurbanski

gurbanski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also saw a YouTube video of a guy from marine depot doing this test and he didn't even use the needle tip part of the syringe...

OP
OP
gurbanski

gurbanski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the tip they gave me doesn't work so I started to use the one from.sslifert and just screwed it on

OP
OP
gurbanski

gurbanski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you use no tip and bring the reagent to the 1.0 ml line?? Or the bottom of the black plunger to the 1.0 ml line?? Cause I have that air bubble also in the syringe

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no air bubbles, no tip, regent from line to line (ignore plunger position), stop when you get to bottom line return unused regent to bottle. will give you exactly 1ml added

Last edited:

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will always have a lil air in the tip of the syringe. If u notice the bottom of the plunger stops and rests at 0.0 ml. So drawing regent out of the bottle, you will want to bring the bottom of the plunger to 1.0 ml. This is the proper way to draw your regent. The needle tip can be used if you prefer. You will notice that almost all off the regent will stay in the tip and not the syringe. If using the tip, it is now extremely important to use the bottom of the plunger to measure out the 1.0 ml...

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hanna syringe is regent line to line, not plunger easy. you dont use bottom nipple, no air bubbles will be present if drawn correctly. if there is air bubbles it doesnt matter as long as you have solid regent line to line

Last edited:

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will always have a lil air in the tip of the syringe. If u notice the bottom of the plunger stops and rests at 0.0 ml. So drawing regent out of the bottle, you will want to bring the bottom of the plunger to 1.0 ml. This is the proper way to draw your regent. The needle tip can be used if you prefer. You will notice that almost all off the regent will stay in the tip and not the syringe. If using the tip, it is now extremely important to use the bottom of the plunger to measure out the 1.0 ml...

+1 If drawn correctly there will always be a little bubble in the reagent. Use the bottom of the plunger right to the 1.0 mark. I do not use the tip either.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back