Hanna checker ammonia during cycle

kylemc447

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2025
Messages
46
Reaction score
18
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgiveness as I have been out of the hobby for a decade plus. Just got my tank started over the weekend and began cycling with turbo start. I just took my first ammonia test via Hannah checker and it reads “2.50” I’m used to old ppm reading from simpler drop tests back in the day.. am I missing something? Or is this just a heck of a cycle? I feel like that is outrageously high? This is day 3 of the cycle with turbo start.

IMG_1769.jpeg
 
Normally a person adds ammonia to reach the 2ppm level to feed the bacteria.
2.50ppm is pretty close
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new