HANNA CHECKER - Hanna Instrument - ALKALINITY, COPPER, CALCIUM, PHOSPHORUS ULR, w/ CALIBRATION CHECK

Chris33027

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been shopping around been getting mixed reviews about these equipment are they worth buying

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty much the "standard" for serious reef keepers and stick heads , along with the apex or other monitors , used as baseline , to contrast if our probes are drifting ect. They are rock solid if you use a measuring syringe 10ml to start with , for dkh and cal , its like 1000 x better than any other method imho. They are a very well respected scientific instruments company , these work as advertised , only user error will mar the result.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its insane ,even what time of day it is , or how bright the light the room is , shading, bad eyes , colorblind people. They built a tool to solve all that. The color match solutions are just waaaaaay to subjective , and we need a solid answer. Hanna provides that.

ramabama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't consider using anything other than the Hanna Alk/Pho checkers. If your going to be running a quarantine tank then the copper is something I wouldn't do without. Only one in question for me is the calcium. It works fine but it just sits on shelf collecting dust because I depend on the Alk measurement to determine dose amount for 2-part. Its nice to have so you can check Cal on occasion but if you already have a method to check Cal I would just use that.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had good results with the calcium one but love the alkilinity and ULR Phosphorus. The ca one is just too finicky and too far off from titration.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back