Hanna Checker Magnesium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ramon84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
YES, but I wouldn't waste the money on the Hanna. The salifert or aquaforest will get you close enough.
 
Upvote 0
I rarely test but maybe 3-4 times per year.
I simply add approx 1/5th the CA add.
Once set, fairly easy to keep.

That being said, the Hanna Checker never worked well for me, sits idle now.
 
Upvote 0
It doesn’t seem to be a limiting element like others in the hobby. Typical recommendation is to keep in the ballpark of 1300-1500. With such recommendations any of the colorimetric kits like Salifert, Red Sea, etc will get you in the ballpark.

I do have a trident and found that my tank went through stages where magnesium consumption seemed to increase for a short period of time and then would go back to being almost negligible. At any rate, many successful reefers don’t test for it at all.
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new