Hanna Checker Vial Thread Size

Bradyhall805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to make a drying rack for my Hanna Checker vials and was having a hard time finding the thread size for them. I tried calling Hanna and spoke to their tech department and they didn't know what the thread size was either. Any help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time!

OP
OP
B

Bradyhall805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that information. That helps a lot and was exactly what I was looking for. Didn’t even know they made different threads for glass and thought it would be a standard or metric thread.

Thank you,
Brady

OP
OP
B

Bradyhall805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I was able to find the specs for the threads from the diagram you sent and what you said. Unfortunately CAD does not have API threads in their system, but after a lot of messing around I was able to create a custom thread in a couple different CAD programs and load it into Fusion 360. Just did a test print and it looks like they are holding great with those threads. Thank you again for the help!

Penguin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I was able to find the specs for the threads from the diagram you sent and what you said. Unfortunately CAD does not have API threads in their system, but after a lot of messing around I was able to create a custom thread in a couple different CAD programs and load it into Fusion 360. Just did a test print and it looks like they are holding great with those threads. Thank you again for the help!
Is this the new Hanna test vials or the old ones used in the individual kits? My wife put them in the dishwasher and now I need all new caps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back