Hanna checker

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently tested my aquarium and was shocked when it read 75.6 nitrate, I began to suspect the checker wasn’t working properly when two other tanks measured in the same range, one that hasn’t even had fish and is cycling.
How can I reset or find out if the checker is not clearing properly or if something is dirty ?
It’s a nitrate HR checker does it matter if it’s high or low range ?
 
Could there be and smudging on the vial or anything that had gotten inside? I know this probably isn't the case here but it's good to rule out the easy stuff. I would take it and some water to an lfs of they use hanna as well and have them test it next to yours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new