Hanna Glass Cuvette replacements

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am needing to buy some replacement glass cuvettes/vials for my Hanna Checkers. I know you can purchase them thru Hanna, BRS and even Amazon. But I honestly think that $10 for two small glass vials is ridiculous. (as is most of the equipment we buy in this hobby, IMHO).

However, there are some cuvettes/vials available on Amazon that are $33 for 100, but I am not sure if they will fit or are similar dimensions. I can't find the exact dimensions of the Hanna cuvettes anywhere online so that I can compare. Here is the link to the Amazon vials. Can anyone help me with this. Need to know if any of the ones listed are the same size as the Hanna cuvettes.

Thanks so much,

Josh

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keep and re-use your caps, these are the same size from Hannah and it's 25 for $25. I use these and they are same as the originals without the caps.

OP
OP
Joshua Jordan

Joshua Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you keep and re-use your caps, these are the same size from Hannah and it's 25 for $25. I use these and they are same as the originals without the caps.

Makes you wonder....
Why on Earth would the exact same cuvette costs so much more with a screw on lid?

Have you done a test using both cuvettes? (one using this one and another using the original that came with the checker?) Just to see if they are both giving you the same result?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am needing to buy some replacement glass cuvettes/vials for my Hanna Checkers. I know you can purchase them thru Hanna, BRS and even Amazon. But I honestly think that $10 for two small glass vials is ridiculous. (as is most of the equipment we buy in this hobby, IMHO).

However, there are some cuvettes/vials available on Amazon that are $33 for 100, but I am not sure if they will fit or are similar dimensions. I can't find the exact dimensions of the Hanna cuvettes anywhere online so that I can compare. Here is the link to the Amazon vials. Can anyone help me with this. Need to know if any of the ones listed are the same size as the Hanna cuvettes.

Thanks so much,

Josh
Buy the 25 pack from Hanna's website

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes you wonder....
Why on Earth would the exact same cuvette costs so much more with a screw on lid?

Have you done a test using both cuvettes? (one using this one and another using the original that came with the checker?) Just to see if they are both giving you the same result?
Yes I have when I first got the box. Readings were the same.
I don’t understand why the ones with caps are so expensive either.

Back