Hanna Instruments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alvinesp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went on the site for the Hanna instruments and for the calcium tester it had stated that I should use water that is distilled in order to prevent my sample from being contaminated by calcium that is or possibly could be present in my RODI or tap water.

Has anyone had problems using RODI water?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used RO/DI and had mixed results. Hanna sent me a bottle of their DI water and the results were much the same. In the end I just quit using the test because it was more work than it was worth.

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went on the site for the Hanna instruments and for the calcium tester it had stated that I should use water that is distilled in order to prevent my sample from being contaminated by calcium that is or possibly could be present in my RODI or tap water.

Thank you for using our products!

The HI758 Marine Calcium Checker HC® requires deionized or distilled water absent of calcium to function correctly. Calcium can be found in many freshwater sources and thus any amount present in the water used at C1 phase can cause false high readings. In addition, many hobby grade reverse osmosis deionized water systems may not adequately remove calcium. We recommend using deionized water with low conductivity or pure vapor distilled water commonly found in most pharmacies.

Never use tap water to clean your cuvettes. This is especially important for the HI758 Marine Calcium Checker as calcium is commonly present in tap water and residual amounts present in the cuvette will elevate results produced by the Checker.

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back