Hanna Marine Master or APex Trident?

Dreadneck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

If you could only get one right now, would you choose the Hanna Marine Master Kit or the Apex Trident?

The Marine Master has 9 tests, but I like that the Trident will test regularly, display results on the Apex APP, and is automatic. I'm not sure about its reliability compared to the Hanna Master Kit. The Marine Master Kit is priced at $449, while the Trident costs around $600.

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't run a trident without an apex brain so factor in at least another $300 or so for that. The trident will also need you to purchase some basic test kits for alk/cal/magnesium to help keep the unit calibrated correctly.
It really depends on whether or not your 1x/day/week testing is worth the time tradeoff of automated testing.

OP
OP
D

Dreadneck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't run a trident without an apex brain so factor in at least another $300 or so for that. The trident will also need you to purchase some basic test kits for alk/cal/magnesium to help keep the unit calibrated correctly.
It really depends on whether or not your 1x/day/week testing is worth the time tradeoff of automated testing.
yeah , I should have mentioned that I do have the Apex A3. The Marine Master test more but not sure I need all of it. I like that the Trident intgrates to the Apexand app but has more points of failure maybe

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back