Hanna P04 Reagent Mixup

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Hanna HI774 ULR Phosphate.

I accidentally ordered the HI713-0 LR reagents. I'm 12 tests deep. I did not realize my error until after testing this morning.

PO4 = .16

According to my testing logs, my elevated PO4 levels that started about a month ago coincide perfectly with when I changed to the incorrect reagent. I deduced this by counting the reagent packets I had left and compared them to my log. I'm an excellent counter.

I felt like a total moron and assumed my levels were either sky high or undetectable. How could I make such a bonehead mistake?!

I pick up the correct HI774-0 ULR reagent. Like within 4-5 hours. I test again.

PO4 = .15

End of story.

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out today I had done the exact same thing. I Have the HI774 as well but have been using HI736 reagent for about 12 tests worth. Funny thing is, the phosphate levels are about where I would expect them to be.
I just ordered the HI774 reagents so I will check between the 2 when the correct ones get here.

OP
OP
jhuntstl

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out today I had done the exact same thing. I Have the HI774 as well but have been using HI736 reagent for about 12 tests worth. Funny thing is, the phosphate levels are about where I would expect them to be.
I just ordered the HI774 reagents so I will check between the 2 when the correct ones get here.
Innnteresting. Please update when you do!

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the new (correct) phosphate test reagents. It measured the exact same for both the phosphorus and phosphate reagents. So I guess it will work. I will buying the correct ones in the future, but nice to know I can finish using the other ones I bought.

Back