Hanna Phosphorus checker jumps around

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it happens very quick.

put a tube in, push the button, change the tubes, push a betton, have a result in 3 seconds

Think you realise now why you have gone wrong...couple of tips, use the same tube each time, as the glass is different on the vials, put the vial into the checker the same way around each time, I line up the writing on the vial with the writing on the checker, I store the vials full of rodi water and keep them in a little tub full of rodi water, I never use tap water to rinse them out, always rodi water.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought you had to hold it during c2 to do the 3 minute test. So there is a quick method without waiting 3 minutes....
You misunderstand. What he is doing is to first analyze the sample the way i should be. Fill sample. calibrate to C2. Put in reagent. Shake 2 minutes - back with the vial and a long press - wait 3 minutes and read. But after this he take the other vial with a blank sample - calibrate to C2. switch to the reacted sample - and press quickly - instant reading. Here it is not a need of waiting 3 minutes because the colour is already there. After this he repeat this until there is 10 readings. This is an example from me using that method

1622455148465.png

My result is around 0.076 ±0,02 and the meters is in reality ±0,04

Sincerely Lasse

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back