Hanna Salinity Tester Stuck in Bootloop

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I went to change the units on my HI98319, and now it’s stuck in a boot loop. It starts to power on, shows the battery percentage, then shuts off and starts the process over again. I’m leaving the battery out for now, but can’t seem to fix this.

I contacted Hanna, but haven’t heard back yet.

Any ideas? Thanks, all!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine do that once. Pulled the battery for a few days, and everything went back to normal.

I wondered if water got into the unit? I could never confirm that, but it was what I was thinking.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine do that once. Pulled the battery for a few days, and everything went back to normal.

I wondered if water got into the unit? I could never confirm that, but it was what I was thinking.
Thanks for the response! That’s really odd. I left mine overnight, but trying again I get the same thing. I’ll leave it a few days.

I’m pretty confident no water got in, but who knows. I wasn’t near the tank when I was making the unit change.

And, naturally, today is water change day haha

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, no issues since I bought it other then being stuck in the bootloop. Measures pretty close to my Milwaukee and calibrated refractometer.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iknow what you mean. I hadn't used my milwaukee in so long, I had to get out the directions on how to use it(zero out and calibrate) when I let a friend borrow the Hanna. lol

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaaand of course now my refractometer is all out of whack. I’m thinking my calibration solution might be off. Think I should trust a hydrometer? The floating thermometer-like kind.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only ones that don't need calibration and will always be spot on. Just remember to read the bottom of the meniscus and not where the top of the water is.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gave up on mine. I just don't trust it after so many questionable readings compared to my refractometer and my Milwaukee.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent a quick video to @Hanna Instruments, and with no questions asked they offered to send a replacement. I’m very happy with the service.

Now here’s hoping I get it before the weekend so I can keep up with my weekly water changes. My refractometer seems to be all out of whack (I’m thinking it’s the calibration solution).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back