Hanna Test Kits

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Hanna test kits for Ca and Alk, they are fairly easy to use, but how accurate are they. I've tried comparing them to the Salifert, and the results are close, but not spot on. So which test kit would you say is more accurate based on your experience?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkalinity I would trust salifert over Hanna but either is fine. For consistency, Hanna will be easier to track alkalinity consumption which is what matters more than the absolute value.

Ive had mixed experience with Hanna Ca with results being all over the place. That said as long as you are in the range for Ca it really doesn’t matter as much. If they are close then My preference would always be to use Hanna/remove as much of my bias in testing.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the Hanna. Easy to use and consistent like @EmdeReef stated. Salifert makes good test kits also but many have a lot of steps you have to follow and then guess the color you are looking at. I also like Red Sea Pro test kits. Easy to use but again color guessing. Where I can i use Hanna and then Red sea pro kits where Hanna falls short besides Nitrate I use Nyos for that as it is much easier to see the different color shades.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.1%
Back