Hanna ULR reagent question

JustinGr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Phosphate ULR tester and it tests in PPB with HI736-0 reagents, and I accidentally ordered the HI 774-0 reagents. When I was testing with the last 736 reagent yesterday , my results were 14ppb, when I ran the test today with the 774 reagents, it was 81. So, I’m assuming this is an error based on my not paying attention to the order I made.

Is there a math formula that could correct this, or am I out of luck until the proper reagents arrive?

Thanks.

Justin

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Phosphate ULR tester and it tests in PPB with HI736-0 reagents, and I accidentally ordered the HI 774-0 reagents. When I was testing with the last 736 reagent yesterday , my results were 14ppb, when I ran the test today with the 774 reagents, it was 81. So, I’m assuming this is an error based on my not paying attention to the order I made.

Is there a math formula that could correct this, or am I out of luck until the proper reagents arrive?

Thanks.

Justin
Do you mean the phosphorus checker? That is the one that tests in ppb. The ULR Phosphate tests in ppm. The HI774 reagents are the correct ones for the ULR phosphate checker. But the reagents are not interchangable with the phosphorus checker.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the second test, did you maybe get a tiny particle of food or other debris into the vial? That can easily push the result way higher

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would assume you need the proper reagent or you're going to get a false reading.

The photometer is designed to work with that particular reagent. My guess is only Hanna could answer this.

I doubt there's a formula to convert.

OP
OP
JustinGr

JustinGr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the second test, did you maybe get a tiny particle of food or other debris into the vial? That can easily push the result way higher
Not likely, I tested many hours after feeding. I Appreciate the feedback, and something I should be aware of. Never thought about that potential.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back