hannah alk checker?

LPS_Lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ihave both and there worth the money. No, more color cards to look at orcounting drops. Just make sure to wipe the finger prints off the glass when usethem. This can mess-up the readings. You might pay a little bit at first but toreplace the reagents cost less than a API or Saliferts. I was using a SalifertsP04 test kit it read 0 in my tank. I got the Hannah P04 and tested my water andit showed .13. I had to do a water change and replace my GFO. It now reads .03which is good because of the .04 error so I could have 0 or .07 ppm P04. The ALKone is very close to a Salifert it just take the guess work out of the colorchange.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I have them both and rely on them. I have tested them against Salifert and Sera and they are right on the money, IME.

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both right now and they work great. I wish they can make one for CA and MG..soon.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the alk one and it has been a breeze to use. I have read lots of people saying the phosphate one was still having problems or accuracy issues. Is this true? Seems most here have no problems?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the alk one and it has been a breeze to use. I have read lots of people saying the phosphate one was still having problems or accuracy issues. Is this true? Seems most here have no problems?

I've heard mixed things about the phosphate test. One problem is likely because phosphate tests are inherantly innaccurate. I do wish, however, that they would come out with liquid reagents like they have for the alk tests.

CJ

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to ask about the phosphate test. I am already being bad for not testing, but if I had to worry about one thing it would probably be phosphate. Has RHF said anything about them?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About phosphates in general, or about phosphate tests in general, or about the Hanna phosphate checker in specific? I know he has several articles on phosphates in general. I don't recall much being said about phosphate testing, though I think he may have said that they are generally inaccurate. I haven't seen anything on the Hanna checkers, though I heard a rumor that he was involved in coming up with the egg checkers.

CJ

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both are spot on.

i just tested the new redsea kh against my hanna and they were within .2

patent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the HI 736, love it, though liquid reagents would be better. One thing to keep in mind is that, while they spit out a rather precise number for you, every test has an inherent inaccuracy, so that number is more useful to tell you roughly where you are than exactly where you are. This is just as true for Hanna as it is for Salifert, Elos, Redsea, etc.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one recently. The Hanna alk check works pretty well and the alk solution provided should last for 30 tests.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you using the Hanna Alk meter, just an FYI... If you have some packages of the powder reagent, you can go to hanna's site and fill out a request to have them replaced with the liquid reagent for free. I had purchased 100 tests from TB aquatics and all I had to do was provide Hanna with my order #

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back