Happy as a clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WindeyD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WindeyD

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
473
Reaction score
120
Location
GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Crocea that I moved up onto the rock work after a week on the sand, it has moved a bit onto its side(see pic)and am wondering if this is a sign that it doesn't like its placement. If it's happy there than I'm happy as I don't want to keep moving it around. Any advice?
image.jpg
 
Should be fine. Maybe directing itself to the amount of light it wants. Straight up may be to much.
 
One tricky thing about moving them up (you do want them up as croceas are light hungry) is to not have too much flow "in its face", or it will begin to hop and turn for being suffocated
 
Sometimes moving it up the rock work is good, but make sure they have attached to the rock. I had a big blue maxima and it fell off and died.
 
Here's my baby

Ultra Blue Maxima Clam.jpg
mid level in a 75g. with Aquabeam 1500NP's 30W--have 2 of these lights. clam is a 7" Ultra Blue Maxima. Had him since 10/14
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new