Happy Clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR28man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I saw this yesterday (sorry the video isn't so good), far and away the widest I've ever seen this Maxima from @PacificEastAquaculture open. I assume this is a good thing, and it is happy as the proverbial clam. But I wanted to double check with folks.



Eta: link. And dang dscreef, you’re fast!!!!! :D
 
Last edited:
Yeah, the flow is high, but it’s vortech tidal swell so it goes up and down all day; now’s one of the higher times.

Now that you mention it, even though I’ve had algae problems which have sometimes covered the shell, I’ve never seem abundant obvious white signs of growth. That being said, I believe it’s grown some in the past 5 months. (now you’ve gotten me worried...... lol)
 
Lol, I try! The clam from the video seems happy. A little more flow than I'd prefer. I can't seem to see any new shell growth from the video as well.

Was that not some new growth on the left shell nearest the camera? I thought I could see some at the 0:14-16 mark.
 
Ha! Next time I scrub algae off that rock I'll take a picture, let you guys decide on your own. :D
 
Was that not some new growth on the left shell nearest the camera? I thought I could see some at the 0:14-16 mark.
Could just be my eyes ;) Usually new shell growth will be noticable even if the shell is covered in algae. It's a nice maxima and seems happy.
 
Last edited:
My hand accidentally passed over the lights this morning, leading of course to a brief withdrawal of the mantle.

So, you can decide for yourselves. :)

6A67B3F9-53BA-43EB-BA30-858B057652C6.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new