Happy Corals next to Dying Corals. Help!

OP
OP
ekandler

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only elements on the ICP at 0, that you may want higher than 0 are Vanadium, Zinc, Manganese, Iron. Though a lot of these could just be below Triton's LOD (level of detection), so they may not be actually 0, just too low to detect. Your Iodine is quite low. I would look to raise your iodine a bit as too low or too high can cause issues.

Again, I would suggest ESV B-Ionic Transition Elements, which would provide Zinc, Manganese and Iron. I would also look to dose Iodine. ESV also has an Iodine supplement. I would try these 2 and wait to see if things improve before worrying about anything else. With all the water changes you are doing, it is surprising that you have any low traces.

Another product that you could try, is KZ Coral Booster. I hate to recommend KZ products as they are expensive, have a short shelf life and are a mystery as to what they contain. However, every time that I have used it, corals never fail to respond to it with better health and growth. In the past, if I noticed a slowing of growth and decrease in health, adding Coral Booster has turned things around before STN sets in. Your dealing with RTN though, so it may not be as dramtic of a fix, or even a fix at all. If you do try it, I would discontinue the other aminos you are using as I suspect it has aminos in it (though no one can say for sure).

The only thing in the yellow zone of your ICP was Iodine.
I’ll work on getting those trace elements up. For iodine suppliI’ve seen mixed reviews on which is best. From what I have available to me I think I'm going to try Brightwell Iodine, would that be the right supplement to use? I'm also skeptical about dosing it without a test kit so I'm considering getting Salifert or RedSea iodine test kits if I'm going to be dosing it regularly.

Back