Happy New Year from NY!

RTaylor117

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
19
Location
Poughkeepsie
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

My name is Bobby, currently living in Poughkeepsie, NY. Just recently got back into the saltwater world. I have had a few different sized tank in the past, from 40 gal to a 90. We ended with a 75 gal after a move and wanting to do a larger tank in the basement of our new house. fast forward about 5 years and in another house, I got my hands on a 125 gal with a 55 gal sump. Currently has been up a few months. Have a few soft corals, a tomini tang, skopas tang, 2 clowns, tail spot blenny, yasha gobi paired with a red banded pistol shrimp, a few green chromis, blue throat sailfin wrasse, and a cleaner shrimp.

I think I have a decent set up this time around to make my life a little easier with the auto water changes and, hopefully, I can run my Oso 3 to my water container down stairs. Would need to run the pump externally. Haven't found anyone trying that just yet, so I may just give it a go! I'll post tank pics when I get my orange lens filter.

Thanks for reading!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Hey You Hello GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
 
Hi all!

My name is Bobby, currently living in Poughkeepsie, NY. Just recently got back into the saltwater world. I have had a few different sized tank in the past, from 40 gal to a 90. We ended with a 75 gal after a move and wanting to do a larger tank in the basement of our new house. fast forward about 5 years and in another house, I got my hands on a 125 gal with a 55 gal sump. Currently has been up a few months. Have a few soft corals, a tomini tang, skopas tang, 2 clowns, tail spot blenny, yasha gobi paired with a red banded pistol shrimp, a few green chromis, blue throat sailfin wrasse, and a cleaner shrimp.

I think I have a decent set up this time around to make my life a little easier with the auto water changes and, hopefully, I can run my Oso 3 to my water container down stairs. Would need to run the pump externally. Haven't found anyone trying that just yet, so I may just give it a go! I'll post tank pics when I get my orange lens filter.

Thanks for reading!
Hi Bobby

I am in LaGrange.
1735865948661.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new